Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Homemade Deodorant that REALLY works!!!!!!!

So excited to share this discovery with you! Last month one of my dear friends, Sarah, forwarded me a DIY deodorant recipe she came across on another blog. Here's the link to the recipe:

http://sewgreen.blogspot.com/2010/08/make-yourself-un-stinky.html

So, last Friday, I mixed up a batch to give it a try. I used 5 tablespoons of coconut oil for my batch and I also used bergamot oil like the author did. But you could use any of your favorite essential oils in it. I put my batch in a stainless steel jar that I got at Bed Bath Beyond. Here's what it looks like:


So you scoop a little bit out with your fingers and rub it in on each of your armpits...Ladies, you may not need much. Gentlemen, it may take a bit more for you. Because of the coconut oil its kind of solid, but still soft in the jar, but once you get it on your fingers it warms up with your body temperature pretty quick and melts into an oil-so be sure to put it on quickly after scooping from the jar.

So I am now on day 4 of using it and its GREAT. In fact, it works better than the last toxin free deodorant (that was also homemade) and better than the old commercial deodorants I used to use. My husband has been using it too, but it hasn't worked as well for him. So he is back to using his old commercial deodorant for the time being. I may try to modify this recipe a bit to suit him better. Will let you know of the results!

Let me know if it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment