Thursday, November 10, 2011

Alternative Therapy for Breast Cancer...Food for Thought

The following link is to a blog that i read occasionally and today features the story of a medical doctor that was diagnosed with an advanced stage of breast cancer. She had some surgery but opted not to follow the regular route of treatment with chemotherapy and radiation. Instead she chose to use alternative therapy. And is alive and well now, fully recovered.

http://www.greendrinkdiaries.com/alternative-breast-cancer-survivors-dr-day/

Positive outcomes such as these are what fuel my desire to continue to make the extra effort and question everything that me and my family put in and around our bodies.

People often ask me why I go through all this trouble-I'd like to think that the precautions that I take now, may save me and my family from developing cancer later in our lives. But I dont' know that. My grandmother died of pancreatic cancer-it was not only a painful way to die, but the last decade of her life was no cake-walk. It became more of a battle everyday for her to just live.

I don't know if my precautions will make a difference at all- but to me, its worth a shot. The alternative isn't very appealing and it seems that more and more people are getting cancer - and younger, all the time. Could I be a little jaded? - because my husband has already had cancer and we are only in our early 30s? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.

The bottom line is:

No one is more concerned about what you expose yourself and your family to than YOU.

Be an educated consumer - do your research. And don't assume.....

Cause you know what happens when you assume, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment