Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oil Cleansing Method

I've been reading a lot lately about the Oil Cleansing Method on some of my favorite blogs (Sortofcrunchy and Crunchy Betty). It's a method to clean your face with oil instead of soap. The idea is that "like dissolves like".....as in dirty facial oil is dissolved by cleansing oil and leaves your skin moisturized, instead of dry, like soap can.



I've been using natural, organic soap on my face now since about July last year and on the whole, its worked pretty well for me - I've always had oily skin...however, the last month or two I've noticed that my skin is a bit tight and itchy and sometimes flaky after it dries from washing my face.
So I decided to try this new method to see if it really works or just makes an oil slick of my face. :)

Here's the recipe I am using, in case you want to try too.


Oily skin: Use 2/3 castor oil to 1/3 carrier oil. (Or measure out 2 tsp castor oil and 1 tsp carrier oil.) For the carrier oil i used EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) You can find castor oil at your local health food store, I found mine at Sprouts Farmers Market.



1. Take a bit of the oil mixture and rub it on your face - no need to take your makeup off prior to - it should take that off for you too. Rub it around - using upward strokes and let it soak in a bit.

2. Take a very warm, wet washcloth and lay it on your face a bit to open your pores, then slowly wipe all the oil off your face with the cloth.

That's it.

I was pleasantly surprised that my face didn't feel oily afterwards. It didn't feel tight and itchy afterwards either. Ladies and gentlemen, we may have a winner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment