Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No "Poo" !

No, not that kind of poo.......shampoo. :)

Today is Day 1 of No Poo for me. And my hair looks and FEELS amazing!!!! See below.


What does No "Poo" really mean or entail?

Here it is...its very simple.

1 cup water - with 1 Tablespoon of baking soda dissolved in it
put this mixture in a squeeze bottle - this is your shampoo

1 cup water - with 1 Tablespoon of vinegar dissolved in it ( I used white vinegar, you can use apple cider vinegar too)
put this mixture in a squeeze bottle - this is your conditioner

Scene: Shower
Thoroughly wet your hair. squeeze your "shampoo" onto your hair until it is saturated (I used the whole mixture and thoroughly massaged it into my hair) let it set for a minute or so, then rinse thoroughly.

Squeeze your "conditioner" onto your hair until it saturated (again, I used the whole cup of the mixture and massaged it into my hair). Let it set for a minute or so, then rinse thoroughly.

That is all. I let my hair air dry - only because my hair is already pretty damaged from all the highlighting I have done in the past.

Thanks to the NO POO post on The Pistachio Project blog for the recipe and peaking my interest in this. She's also got a great page for troubleshooting too. Check it out

http://thepistachioproject.blogspot.com/2010/01/going-no-poo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment